Chiropractic care is an effective, non-surgical treatment option that can help relieve chronic neck pain and improve mobility and range of motion. If you have a stiff neck and are looking for long-term relief, chiropractic adjustments are a viable pain relief option that get to the root of your neck pain condition in order to bring healing that lasts.
What Can an Adjustment Do to Provide Pain Relief for a Sore Neck?
If you have a sore neck, or an other neck pain condition, a simple chiropractic adjustment or spinal manipulation can bring your vertebrae back into alignment and provide lasting relief. Depending on the severity, debilitating neck pain can make even the slightest movement a challenge, such as turning the head side to side or holding it upright. Seeing a chiropractor for a manual adjustment can work wonders to relieve pressure from the nerves in your spinal cord and to reduce chronic pain.
Chiropractic care can help relieve pain caused by any number of reasons, including:
- Muscle strain: This can be due to improper posture, sitting or standing for too long, or tilting the head a certain way for lengthy periods of time.
- Osteoarthritis: If the cartilage between the joints begins to deteriorate, this can cause a painful neck condition. This chronic pain can affect people at any age, but is most common in those who are over the age of 60.
- Whiplash: If you are in a car accident and obtain a serious neck injury, this can cause major pain that affects your everyday activities. The snapping and whipping movement can leave you in agreat deal of pain and leave you unable to function normally while performing basic tasks.
- Compressed nerves: A herniated disc or bone spur can cause pressure on the nerves around the spinal cord, causing debilitating pain going all the way up through the neck.
No matter what the cause, chiropractic care can help to reduce the inflammation in your neck joints so that you can begin feeling like yourself again and get back to your regular routine.
What Are the Benefits of Receiving a Chiropractic Adjustment?
There are many reasons why receiving a chiropractic adjustment can benefit those who are suffering from chronic neck pain. Some of these include:
- Improved movement and function in the joints
- Strengthened neck muscles
- Improved flexibility and mobility
- Improved range of motion
- Reduced joint degeneration
- Improved nerve function
- Improved blood circulation
Chiropractic treatments work by targeting the source of the neck pain rather than just covering up the symptoms. While covering up the pain with medication might provide temporary relief, the problem still persists and can worsen over time if left untreated. When you have a sore neck, whether it’s mild, chronic, or severe, it is due to an underlying cause. The pain is merely a symptom of what’s going on beneath the surface. When that underlying cause is addressed through manual adjustments and manipulations, then the goal of pain relief can be achieved.
If you are suffering from chronic neck pain and are looking for a non-invasive alternative to drugs and surgery, call a Palmercare Clinic today to make an appointment with one of our chiropractors.